WEGO health challenge day 16 Pinboard

Pinboard. Create a pinterest board for your health focus. Pin 3 things. What did you pin? Share the images in a post and explain why you chose them.


I already have a Pinterest board called "Health Stuff" that I created a couple weeks ago.
I added three images today.  I did a search on "chronic pain syndrome" and chose three chart-type images.  The reason I chose these images is because they are educational in nature.  A big part of the reason I have this blog and my web site fibroworks.com is to educate about the affects of chronic pain and mainly fibromyalgia, which is a chronic pain syndrome.  


The first image depicts a "vicious cycle" of pain, anxiety, sleep problems and inability to cope.  Bingo!  


Chronic pain chart

The second image is a brief questionnaire that anyone experiencing chronic pain can use to determine how bad their problem is (averaged over the past week).  Doctors and nurses use this one.  I've had these same questions asked of me by nurses many times upon arrival at the doctor's office.

Pain impact questionnaire

The third image reflects possible internal (psychological) causes of chronic pain and depression, which often goes along with chronic pain.  It has been studied that people with fibromyalgia often are perfectionist, Type-A personalities who have very high standards and lots of demands on their life, but carry the burden and stress around in silence (often with a smile).  BINGO! again.  How can you not be depressed when you hurt all the time?  You know the advert "depression hurts".  Which came first?  Dunno!


Living with pain & depression


Comments