Day 2 NHBPM 30 days, 30 posts


Day 2 – Friday, Nov. 2  Write about the weirdest thing about your health


This is easy!  The weirdest thing about fibromyalgia is that it is so unpredictable.  Think you did something bad by eating junk food, drinking too much caffeine or not enough water, exercising too much, or too little, not getting enough sleep, socializing too much, traveling, or working too long of a shift?  Think again!  Fibromyalgia flares can often be attributed to something you did, or did not do the day before or even the same day; but often they CANNOT be attributed to those things.  Don't be fooled by "good stress" vs. "bad stress", either.  I wanted to go to that Bon Jovi concert, that Tori Amos concert, and Cesar Millan's stage show, but that doesn't mean I don't pay for it afterwards (or even DURING the performance).  I want to be involved in all of the dog and pet organizations.  I want to put in a full shift at the office.  I want to walk my dogs around the block.  But I know I will pay the price if I do any of those things.  Fibromyalgia is not life-threatening, but it threatens the quality of your life.

Conversely, do you think you did something GOOD by drinking plenty of water and staying hydrated, getting enough rest, avoiding a stressful situation at work or with a family member, taking a nice leisurely stroll around the block and keeping your body properly aligned and wearing the right shoes?  Think again!  Nope, it does not matter if you do something good, something bad, or indifferent.  Fibromyalgia will flare up for many reasons or for no reason at all, and that's just plain weird.


Comments