Dr. Oz videos about fibromyalgia

I haven't posted here for a long time.  This set of videos from Dr. Oz came across my email today and I couldn't pass up the opportunity to post them here.  Very informative, excellent content, and it sure made me feel better to know that I am not alone in the struggle to find doctors who believe me (us).

This is a set of four videos, each only about 5 minutes long.  I urge everyone to watch them carefully, a lot of great info.

One caveat: Part 4 shows "OMT" (osteopathic manipulation therapy).  I had OMT for over a year (it was wonderful) and it never looked how it looks on this video!  My OMT physician (they are called DOs instead of MDs) basically, it seemed like she was "doing nothing".  She didn't flip me all around the way the guy was doing with the demo patient in the 4th video.  She would pick up my foot, or my arm, or my head, and just gently cradle it in her hands.  I would almost laugh because I honestly thought she was "doing nothing" and it seemed really ridiculous.  But darn it!  it worked!!  So I honestly didn't like seeing this guy in the video jerking the woman around on the table like that... it looked painful!  My DO was wonderful, and she never jerked around my body like that.. it was all gently movements that felt like nothing at all.  Weird!

Make sure you watch all 4 videos...  Dr. Oz on Fibromyalgia - 4 videos to make you feel better!


BONUS:  Here's a tidbit about Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (aka Complex Regional Pain Syndrome).  Similar to fibromyalgia. 

Comments