D is for Diet #AtoZChallenge


I can't figure out why I haven't lost at least 20 pounds in this past month since my medical emergency. I've had to change my eating habits drastically. Not on doctors' orders. They said "no restrictions", but certain foods just don't feel right anymore.

I've been a vegetarian since 1980, and added fish/seafood back in, in 1985. I don't drink alcohol, and I don't smoke. I don't use drugs.

The day I got sick with the blocked bile duct, I ate a peanut butter sandwich. And later that evening, I ate macaroni and cheese (the boxed kind with the powdered "cheese" -- YUCK!). I neverrrrrr eat stuff like this. Never! The fat content in both of those things, in my opinion, was too much for my bod to handle!

After fasting for four days in the hospital (they wouldn't let me eat or drink until they could figure out what was going on), I took things really slowly. I was on a liquid diet for the first several days. Then, added in some fruits, then vegetables. I barely eat any cheese or dairy anymore.

So, I can't figure out why I haven't lost as much weight as I thought I would. I mean, I've lost SOME.

I suppose it's because I'm not exercising a lot right now. The slightest activity sucks the life out of me. It'll come, it'll come.

So, today's A to Z Challenge post, for the letter D, is about my unintentional DIET!


Comments